Once you’ve made the decision to sell your pride and joy, you need to look at your property differently. It’s the start of the emotional ride in trying to get the best price possible!
- Price. What is your home really worth? It’s best to get a reliable and reputable sales agent to come and perform a market appraisal on your property. They have access to up-to-the-minute market trends happening within the industry, and your local area and will be able to provide a rough price guide.
- Choose the right person to sell your home. There are many real estate sales agents out there, but it’s important to do your research to find the best person to sell your home. Checking Rate My Agent and social media sites for customer reviews on agents in your area is a great place to start.
- Fix and fancy up! It’s time to fix those niggling material maintenance issues you’ve been meaning to for a while now and remove the clutter. And it’s time to fancy up your home! If you home is vacant, consider getting your house styled.
- Open homes. Once your marketing has started, your open homes will too. Ensure your home is clean and, still, free of clutter. Burning a nice, fresh candle creates a nice ambiance.
- Negotiate. In most cases, you won’t get the price you’re after on the first offer so be prepared to negotiate!
- Find a conveyancer or solicitor. They will look after your best interests and provide advice where necessary. They will coordinate the sale and be there for settlement.